A simple and delicious recipe packed with nutritious veg, aromatic spices and the calming blend of YOGI TEA® Tulsi Relax!
Looking for a vegan and healthy dish that’s bursting with flavour? Look no further than our Rice Pilaf recipe infused with the delicate and soothing aroma of YOGI TEA® Tulsi Relax. This recipe is a great way to elevate your rice to a new level by combining it with nutrient-dense vegetables and fragrant aromatic spices.
Pilaf, also known as pulao, is a popular rice dish that is enjoyed in many countries around the world. Rice dishes are a staple in many cuisines around the world, and in ayurveda, as basmati rice is considered the most digestible of all carbohydrates. One of the best things about pilaf is that it can be customised to your own personal taste. It can be served with any vegetable or dried fruit, making it a versatile dish that is perfect for any occasion.
As everything is cooked together in one pot, the individual flavours combine wonderfully with each other. This dish is best cooked in a deep pan with a lid or a roaster.
Perfect for weeknight dinners with a salad, meal prepping, or as a side dish for a dinner party. Grab your ingredients and get ready to cook up a delicious and wholesome meal!
Preparation time: 40 minutes
1. Steep 4 YOGI TEA® Tulsi Relax teabags in 750 ml boiling water for 10 minutes. Peel and finely dice or chop the onion, ginger and garlic.
2. Wash and clean the leeks, carrots and peppers and cut into small cubes. Heat the sesame oil in a roasting pan or deep frying pan and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger. Add the rice and fry for 1–2 minutes until it has turned milky. Now add the cumin, cardamom and turmeric and stir.
3. Add the vegetables to the pan with the salt and chilli, stir and sauté briefly. Deglaze everything with the tea and stop stirring from now on. Put the lid on the roasting or frying pan and turn the heat to the lowest setting. Let the rice cook for 20–30 minutes until all the liquid has boiled away.
4. In the meantime, toast the cashews in a pan without oil, swirling the pan repeatedly and not letting the kernels get too brown. Finely chop the coriander and squeeze the lemon.
5. When the rice is ready, season with lemon juice, coriander and salt, if desired, and serve with the roasted cashews.
We hope you enjoyed this Rice Pilaf recipe with YOGI TEA® Tulsi Relax ! For more vegan and healthy meal ideas, be sure to check out our website. From breakfast to dinner, we have a variety of tasty and nutritious recipes for you to enjoy!