Enjoy this flavorful lunch salad, made with fresh veggies and a YOGI TEA® Sweet Chili marinade.
Spring is the perfect time to savour fresh and light meals, and this vegan rice noodle salad is the perfect choice for your next lunch break!
Featuring a delightful blend of fruity and spicy flavours, this dish combines sweet mango, crunchy vegetables, and fresh herbs that compliment each other wonderfully. Plus, the rice noodles, made from rice flour, are easy to digest and ideal for Spring as they won’t overload our digestive fire (Agni), which is weakened by the heat. The YOGI TEA® Sweet Chili marinade adds a delicious kick to the tofu, making a wonderful addition to this flavourful salad.
Preparation time: 30 minutes + 30 minutes for marinating
1. Pour 100 ml of boiling water into a bowl of YOGI TEA® Sweet Chili and leave to infuse for 5–10 minutes. In the meantime, chop the tofu and squeeze out the excess water between kitchen paper.
2. Wash the lime with hot water, grate the zest and squeeze out the juice. Add the juice and zest to the tea together with the soy sauce, sesame oil and agave syrup and mix thoroughly. Add the tofu to the marinade, stir and leave to marinate for about 30 minutes, stirring repeatedly.
3. In the meantime, peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic clove. Clean and peel the carrots and cut into sticks. Wash the mangetout and cut in half if necessary.
4. Chop the spring onions and put aside in a bowl. Peel the mango, remove the flesh from the core and cut into bite-sized pieces. Put the mango aside as well.
5. Heat a pan and fry the tofu without the marinade until golden brown. Keep the marinade. Put the fried tofu in a bowl and set aside. Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil in the same pan. Briefly sauté the ginger and garlic in it, then add the carrots to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add the mangetout and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. In the meantime, pour boiling water over the rice noodles and leave to stand. Finely chop the herbs. When the vegetables are firm to the bite, drain the rice noodles and add them to the pan with the tofu, marinade, spring onions and mango. Add the herbs and fold everything in thoroughly. Divide the rice noodle salad between 4 plates and garnish with sesame seeds.
In need of more lunch break ideas? We've got you! Try this delicious lentil salad with marinated fennel, flavoured with our YOGI TEA® Throat Comfort.