If you're in search of a fruity, healthy and soothing dessert, look no further. Immerse yourself in the essence of summer with our delicious vegan blackberry crumble, beautifully complemented by a velvety coconut and almond sauce.
Crafted to invigorate your senses and provide a sense of tranquility after your main meal, this blackberry crumble recipe combines a medley of succulent fruits and aromatic spices. And what makes this recipe extra special is our favourite ingredient: YOGI TEA® Ashwagandha Balance! This blend is the perfect companion for when you seek calm and confidence, thanks to the Vitamin C in the acerola cherries supporting your nervous system*. Ashwagandha, originating from India, is known as the "King of Ayurvedic Herbs" and is said to have a calming, mood-lifting effect. So, elevate your dessert experience with a touch of wellness and give this recipe a go!
*When consumed in combination with a balanced and varied diet and healthy lifestyle.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
You need: small baking dish
Coconut and almond sauce:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (convection oven) and grease a baking dish. Pour 100 ml of boiling water over the tea and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Wash and drain the blackberries, then place them in the baking dish.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan, then set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the flour, oats and ground almonds with the spices, sugar and coconut oil and knead well.
4. Pour the tea, together with 2 tbsp maple syrup, over the blackberries, mix and then spread the crumble evenly on top. Bake the crumble in the oven for 20–30 minutes until golden brown.
5. In the meantime, put the coconut milk, almond drink, vanilla sugar and raw cane sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. In a small bowl, stir cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water until smooth and add to the saucepan, stirring as the liquid comes to the boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and continue stirring until the sauce has thickened. Serve the sauce together with the warm crumble.
We hope you enjoyed supporting your overall wellness and seeking tranquillity through creating and enjoying this recipe. Looking for a flavourful main meal to compliment this delicious dessert? Try our warm lentil salad with YOGI TEA® Throat Comfort.