We love spring!
We made it through the dark season and are happy that the days are getting longer and warmer again. The light of spring encourages us to become more active as it awakens our curiosity and desire for new experiences and plans.
Here are our Top 5 suggestions to help you start spring in a good way:
- Create little breaks for yourself on a regular basis in everyday life – moments in which you consciously pause and can recharge your energy. Have you participated in our #7minuteschallenge?
- Drink enough water or unsweetened tea to support you in establishing this habit. There are also many great apps for this purpose.
- Stay curious and open-minded. Try to visit at least one new place – a place that you have yet to discover may be very close to you.
- Be thankful more often and do good – Gratitude has a wonderful influence on our lives. It opens up new possibilities for us and allows us to master things more optimistically and successfully
- Be sure to do good things for yourself such as yoga, healthy snacks or even little adventures in nature.
In keeping with this good mood, we developed a new recipe in cooperation with Ilka of ilkaeliseb.de. Today we present a smoothie that contains YOGI TEA® Detox Dandelion as a special ingredient.
With an herbal fragrance, this tea lets your soul shine and supports you in getting a new start – which a very fitting for the season in which everything magically awakens anew. Its balanced herb and spice mixture with dandelion, ginger and fennel is refreshing and turns the smoothie into something special. Combined with fresh fruit and chia seeds, this smoothie tops of our current list of favourite recipes.
Pink Detox Smoothie
1 cup of YOGI TEA® Detox Dandelion tea
2 teaspoons of chia seeds
1 cup of pineapple, cut into small pieces
Juice of a 1/2 lemon
1.5 cups of raspberries
1 piece of ginger (size of thumbnail)
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Pour 250 ml of boiling water over the YOGI TEA® Detox Dandelion tea bag and let it steep for about 5-6 minutes (longer for a stronger taste).
- Let the tea cool completely so that your smoothie is refreshing. A tip is to already prepare the tea in the evening and chill it overnight in the refrigerator. Be sure to remove the tea bag first.
- 5-10 minutes before you prepare the smoothie, let the chia seeds soak in the liquid. This gives the chia seeds a gel-like consistency and lets them mix well with other ingredients in the blender.
- As soon as the tea is cold and the chia seeds have swelled up, prepare the fruit and ginger by cutting them into pieces. Squeeze the lemon and collect the juice. Put everything in the blender together with the coconut oil, and then blend until it has a perfect consistency. You can add a bit more water or juice if your smoothie has become too thick.
Are you looking for new ideas for delicious smoothies? Discover our other recipes!