Zesty zingy and indulgent, this colourful dessert will brighten your day with its tasty blend of ingredients and its beautiful aromatic scents. It is a light, healthy and vegan take on a classic creamy coconut panna cotta with a citrus kick. Easy to make and even easier to eat, this joyful pud can be enjoyed outside under blue skies or can be a little ray of sunshine on cloudier days.
Our special YOGI TEA® secret is to infuse the mixture with our For The Senses Happiness blend, packed with essential oils and notes of fresh lemon grass and zesty lemon. You can read more about invigorating essential oils here: The Fragrance of Joy. Sounds like a dessert you would like to try? Read below!
Recipe: Vegan coconut panna cotta
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the panna cotta
- 300 ml oat cream
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 g agar-agar
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 YOGI TEA® For the Senses Pure Happiness tea bags
For the orange layer
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 150 ml orange juice
- 100 ml lemon juice
- For the panna cotta, add the oat cream, coconut milk, vanilla extract, agar-agar and agave syrup to a pan and bring to the boil while stirring continuously. Add the tea bags and leave to simmer for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Then remove tea bags, pour the mixture into dessert glasses and leave to cool completely.
- For the orange sauce, add the maple syrup and cornflour to the cold orange juice and lemon juice and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Leave to simmer over a low heat for 3 minutes and then pour onto the panna cotta. Leave to chill and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
We hope that you enjoy this recipe and would love to see your very own creations so please share your photos on our social media channels! Discover also all our recipes!