Are your products organic?
- One of our principles is to only obtain the raw materials that meet the highest quality standards from throughout the entire world. None of our teas contain artificial ingredients. All of the ingredients used in the YOGI TEA®s are from controlled ecological cultivation and certified according to the EU Organic Regulation (EC) 834/2007. For all of our raw materials, we have analysis certificates that confirm the compliance with the legal guidelines. You are welcome to find additional information on our website
Where can I find YOGI TEA®?
- YOGI TEA® is available nationwide in natural food stores and health food shops, as well as at selected chemist’s shops and supermarkets. To find a store in your area, we invite you to try the shopfinder on our homepage . Unfortunately, we cannot offer a product search for particular varieties since we only deliver our products to the wholesale trade.
How do I prepare YOGI TEA® best?
- On the product packaging you will find on the inner flap the individual brewing suggestion for the variety.
From the microbiological point of view it is advantageous to allow herbs and spices to be drawn with 100 ° C hot water for at least 5-7 minutes.
Which YOGI TEA®s contain theine /caffeine?
- Some of our YOGI TEA®s include black or green tea, which naturally contains caffeine (within the context of teas, this is occasionally still called “theine”). Especially the caffeine contained in green tea is usually absorbed more slowly from the intestines into the blood, so the stimulating effect – compared with coffee or black tea – is correspondingly mild and longer lasting. The varieties of YOGI TEA® with guarana, mate and/or dried kombucha drink contain caffeine, but just in traces in the latter case. All of the other varieties can be considered caffeine-free (note: cocoa shells contain traces of theobromine, which is similar to caffeine, but considerably less than the cocoa bean and its beverages).
Are YOGI TEA®s vegan?
- YOGI TEA® is a vegan product. You can also find this information on the product packaging.
In addition, all packaging materials are vegan.
Are your products gluten-free?
- Some of our tea recipes contain barley malt, which contributes to their taste profile. Barley malt contains gluten. When developing the recipes, we pay attention to the tea mixture containing less than 20 mg/litre and have this confirmed by external laboratory analyses. According to the corresponding European Regulation, as well as the definition by the German Coeliac Disease Society (Deutsche Zöliakie Gesellschaft e.V.), prepared beverages with gluten contents of less than 20 mg per litre are considered to be glutenfree. We have listed the ingredient of barley malt in bold in our list of ingredients solely for the purpose of recognisability.
Do you use aromas in your YOGI TEA®s?
- In some of the teas, we use organic extracts and oils since ingredients such as cinnamon, ginger or cardamom only release their valuable contents (e.g. secondary plant substances and essential oils) after being cooked for a longer period of time. However, the use of their extracts and oils allows them to already pass into the infusion during preparation with boiling water and enrich it with their powerful flavours, among other things. In a few of the teas, such as some of the green teas and YOGI TEA® Rose, we use natural aromas when the analogue extracts are not available to round off the taste in a somewhat fruity/flowery way. These are actually aroma extracts and substances from botanical, flavouring raw materials – und not pseudo-natural substances that are acquired through fermentation or the like, as some consumers fear when they see the phrase “natural aromas.” However, the Aroma Regulation, which is the basis for the declaration on every package of food, does not allow for any differentiation in the description here.
I like the cups on your packaging. Can I buy them?
- Unfortunately, the cups that are illustrated on our packages are not available for sale. But we are very pleased to hear that you really like our product design.
How many calories do the teas have?
- No amount of calories is consumed by the body when enjoying YOGI TEA®. We have had the infusions of various YOGI TEA® products tested for their nutritional values and calorie content by an external laboratory. The following values were determined in this process:
- Fat: < 0.1 g / 100 ml
- Protein: < 0.1 g / 100 ml
- Carbohydrates: 0.1 g / 100 ml
- Nutritional value (kcal): < 1 kcal / 100 ml
- Nutritional value (kJ): 2 kJ / 100 ml
Why are the YOGI TEA® packages filled differently?
- Depending on their composition, the various tea mixtures can have a substantially different volume since the ingredients involved are sometimes (light) flowers or grasses and sometimes (heavy) bark chips, roots or seeds. Because we use uniform boxes for all types of tea due to production-technical reasons, it is unavoidable that some packages are filled somewhat less or more than others. However, all of our products that have the current packaging are fully compliant with legal requirements.